Digital signature certificates can be used for the following things:
- For email communication that is both encrypted and digitally signed
- To identify additional web-based transaction participants or to conduct secure web-based transactions.
- In several applications, including eTendering, eProcurement, MCA (for Registrar of Companies, efiling), Income Tax (for efiling income tax returns), and many others.
- For signing documents like PDFs, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- It is essential to establishing a paperless office.
Companies and organizations gain from electronic signatures in the following ways:
- Saves time and money on operations
- Prevents fraud and forgery
- Secures the transaction from any foreseeable disagreement or hazard
- Reduces paper use, which benefits the environment; and offers a great deal of convenience because papers can be retrieved remotely